How to prepare for the Outdoor Test?
– Backpack running 1.8 mile + middle distance running + short distance running + free style kicking + duck walking etc.
• Start jogging 2 times per week between 1.5-2 miles each time
What is the written report?
• Refer to the Black Belt Test Booklet
• Due on the day of the Outdoor Test, Sunday, 5/7
When to return the Meditation Chart (Black Belts Only)
• The day of the Outdoor Test, Sunday, 5/7
How to prepare for the Sparring Test?
• Participate in Sparring classes
• You must bring your own gear or borrow from someone for the test
Practice Holding Posture at home
• Push-ups-4 minutes, may choose to hold additional time for a higher grade
Attend ALL practice sessions (These are mandatory — DO NOT MISS!)
• Dates are also posted on the bulletin board
– Sat. 4/22 1:00-3:00pm
– Sat. 4/29 1:00-4:00pm
– Sat. 5/6 1:00-4:00pm
Outdoor Test Sunday, 5/7 at 6:30am
• Map with the starting station will be given on Sat. 5/6
Curriculum Guide Test
• Principles, Terminology, etc. for 1st Degree Candidates (Oral Test)
– Bring all belts to the Curriculum Guide Test
• Taekwondo History for 2nd and 3rd Degree Candidates (Written Test)
– Tarrytown: Friday, 5/5 at 7:20pm
– Fair Lawn and New Rochelle locations: To Be Announced
Indoor Test Saturday, 5/13 at 2:00-5:00pm – Tarrytown location
• Wear full uniform (No t-shirts)
• Bring sparring gear and mouth piece
Read Black Belt Test Booklet for details about the test
• What to eat, what to wear, etc.
• How to manage your mind